Are you an artist who would like to do a week long residency in our shop?
We offer residencies to artists in exchange for teaching one public workshop in our studio. If you are interested in a residency/workshop exchange, please submit a proposal for consideration. Before applying, we recommend that you look over our available studio equipment / supplies list and our workshop page as it will give you an idea of what’s possible in our space.
To apply for a residency exchange, send an email to:
Ingrid Schindall at Ingrid@isprojectsfl.com
Subject: Residency Exchange: 2018/2019
The body of the email should include the following:
- Your contact information (phone, website)
- A short bio ( just a few sentences )
- An attached PDF with 5-10 images of your work, labeled
- Your availability / preferred residency dates
- A brief description of your workshop ( 150 words or less )
- Length of workshop... 2, 4, 6 hours? A full weekend?
- Intended Audience... kids, teens, adults or all ages?
- Images... Something that shows work and/or process shots related to your workshop (prefer .jpegs attached to your email)
Feel free to send more than one workshop idea!
At IS Projects, we are focused on bringing attention to the value of process and craft in contemporary artwork. Our residency program is intended to give our exhibiting and visiting artists the opportunity to generate new work and to buckle down on professional development. Generally, we are interested in artists whose work demonstrates a strong relationship between craft and content. We want to facilitate your growth and development, and share what you’re doing with our community.
Meet our September Resident:
Richard Vergez is a Cuban-American multi-disciplinary artist. He was born in Philadelphia, PA, worked and lived in New York as a member of the Brooklyn Collage Collective, and currently works and resides in South Florida. His background in graphic design and audio/visual collaboration is reflected though his hand-made collage and mixed media works. His sound work accompanying modern dance pieces with collaborator Ana Mendez has been presented at the Adrienne Arsht Center, Miami Art Museum, MoCA, Bas Fisher Invitational and the De La Cruz Collection.
Exhibition: July 8 - August 25
Events: Artist Talk in gallery
Summer Studio Series with &gallery
Live Sound Performance