We have space in our 2017 calendar for several small exhibitions, which will be installed in our south-facing gallery space. Exhibition openings will coincide with FATVillage Artwalk (last Saturday of every month) and remain installed for a period of three weeks. Work featured in proposed exhibitions should demonstrate the fundamental skills of its medium, and a relationship between craft and content. Work in any discipline will be considered.
About our exhibitions:
Every month, we fill our humble gallery space with an exhibition or project we’re proud of, and host an opening event on the last Saturday of every month, during the Flagler Arts and Technology (FAT) Village Artwalk. FAT Village is home to everything from street murals to craft vendors to contemporary art. At IS Projects, we are focused on bringing attention to the value of process and craft in contemporary artwork. Our focus on fine craft drives the work made at our studio, and we aim to empower our community by showing them how much can be achieved when one applies one’s skills to realizing their ideas.
Generally, we are interested in exhibiting work which demonstrates a strong relationship between craft and content. Our gallery space is small, so we prefer to create cohesive, clear, and accessible exhibitions. We don’t expect your show to revolve around printmaking, process, or craft - take this opportunity do something you’re excited about. We want to facilitate your growth and development, and share what you’re doing with our community.
To apply, send an email to:
Brooke Frank, Gallery Coordinator, at Brooke@isprojectsfl.com
Subject: Open Portfolio: February 2017
PDF title: ISProposalFirstnameLastname.pdf
The body of the email should include your contact information (phone, email, website) and one (1) PDF as an attachment. The PDF should contain:
- Your contact information (phone, email, website)
- A brief curatorial statement (address the content and construction of your exhibition and the artwork within it, as well as why you would like to show at IS Projects)
- Any notes about the way you intend to install the artwork
- Images of the work you would like to show, or images reflective of it, captioned with the following information: Title, Year, Medium, Size (height x width"), optional brief description
- Your curriculum vitae (CV)